header picture

header picture

Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Magnificent Morning

The weather has been perfect today. So we took advantage of it and spent the whole morning outside. First Tyson made the kids do some yard work (believe me, with a yard like ours there's always plenty of work to be done!) Then they spent some quality time playing in the ditch behind the house. I think everyone should have fond childhood memories of playing in a ditch. I know I sure do.

Here's Zac making a dam. I think it's awesome he has no inhibitions about saying the word "Dam". It just means he doesn't know much about swear words, which I think is awesome.


Tyson can get pretty scary with those pruning shears. He tends to think "less is more." But our trees look tons better now. In case you were wondering, Tyson's shirt does have a picture of Bart Simpson in his underwear. It says American Idle. I'm glad this is just a yard work shirt and not one he's wears when we go on dates.


Lexi was having fun with the hose. She's also grown several inches this year, hence the short pants! She had to have two teeth pulled yesterday. Poor kid.



Drake and Garrett were making Fish Soup. It had grass and rocks in it, but when I asked if it had fish in it Drake gave me a dirty look and said "No mom, it's FOR the fish." Ahhhh...of course.


Here's the whole gang with a birds nest they found.


And where was I during this whole glorious morning? In the house cleaning. Kids and dads have all the fun.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun Well Tyson and the kids, anyway. I'm not sure how much fun cleaning is. :) And I wanted to let you know that we'd actually love to live in Price. Josh has been in touch with the recruiter there and they may or may not have an opening next year when he's done with residency. They're getting a new physician this year so they're going to wait and see how that effects things before deciding if they want to hire someone else right away. We'll keep you updated, though. :)

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Your back yard looks like so much fun! I actually do have childhood memories of playing in the ditch behind our house.
And my kids make bug soup...for the bugs.