Ten years and one day ago Tyson tried to back out of our engagement. I gently (and firmly) calmed his fears, told him it was now or never and to meet me at the temple in the morning. Then I spent a very sleepless night and nervously went to see if he would show up. He was already there waiting for me and so far we've spent a fantastic decade together. We've lived in three different states, in 8 different homes or apartments. We've had 4 children in the course of only 4 years and spent 6 years putting Tyson through graduate school. We started out with a Corvette, have owned 6 cars and now drive a minivan. We've put on a few pounds and discovered some gray hairs and wrinkles. (oh, how quickly life can change!) We've also had lots of laughter and good times together.

When we were dating Tyson asked me what do you think people talk about after they've been married for 10 years. At the time I didn't have a very good answer. Well...apparently they talk about cameras and lenses, silly things the kids say, cameras, books they've been reading, lenses, funny things the kids do, aches and pains in their knees and shoulders, movies, and where in the crud is the dang remote. Oh, and cameras and lenses.
I wonder what people talk about when they've been married for 20 years? Maybe cameras and lenses. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
6 comments:
Yay! Happy 10 Year Anniversary!
You make me laugh Amber! Happy 10 years!! That's exciting!
Congratulations! Our 10 year is next May. It's crazy how quickly time flies! Way to go on your marriage and family. I'm sure Tyson doesn't regret for a minute making you his wife. Thanks for making me laugh, too.
Congrats on 10 Years!!
Yay for Amber and Tyson!
Oh, CONGRATULATIONS! You guys are soooo cute! Happy 10th Anniversary! I just can't believe how quickly all these years fly by! Love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment