Here he's showing Zac's class his real human brain. Well, not his own brain, of course, but the brain from his current cadaver. It's kinda weird but he always gets a huge smile on his face when holding a real brain in his hand. I think these are the moments when he's happiest!




The kids wrote him some cute thank you notes and now I know to watch out for that little vixen, Niah, who thinks my husband is "hansum."
This picture is from when he went to teach the second graders back in December. He has to cover his model's rear end with a paper towel because second graders think it's funny to "touch the bum!" (He learned this when he took his model in to Lexi's class in 1st grade.) Lexi's class also wrote thank you notes. One of them said, "You are the awesomest person in my life!" One of them said, "That's cool how you cut that man's head off. But a little gross." (He had explained to them how he extracted the brain from his cadaver.) One girl saw all the fat around the pigs heart and said, "I've really got to eat more apples." Amen sister! Don't we all.
3 comments:
I'm laughing about the kindergartner who wrote that Tyson is "handsum." How cute of her. And those kids must be pretty brave to look at the cadaver parts. I got grossed out dissecting a frog in high school biology. :)
That is so funny! Tyson you are the coolest!
Matthew would love that! He loves all things gross. He even has several books on teh subject. One is called Gross Out, I think it's about the grossest animal behaviors. I'll have to talk Tyson into teaching the 4th graders next year!
Post a Comment