header picture

header picture

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's great to be Faculty

I am totally loving that my husband is a college professor. We are loving all the extra benefits that come with the job. For example, the college library has tons of DVD's and we can check them out for free and pretty much keep them until we feel like taking them back. Last weekend we finally had to see what the High School Musical craze was all about and we checked out the first two movies. I thought they were cute and the kids were absolutely loving them. It was hard to watch the movie because all the kids were up dancing in front of the TV half the time!

Also, as faculty we get to go to all the school plays for super cheap. Last weekend Tyson and I went to see the play More Fun Than Bowling which I had never heard of before. It was a cute play, a little strange, but interesting. It was all about using bowling terms to describe life and death. Before the play started I heard the girl behind us say that her boyfriend was the main actor. So then throughout the whole play I'm feeling sorry for her because her boyfriend was kissing everyone else on stage (including a boy!) I guess that's the life of being an actor's girlfriend!

Also last weekend we were able to go to the first mens basketball game, also totally for free. They even give us popcorn for free. What a life! The kids loved the game until the last 6 1/2 minutes when Garrett was feeling very tired and started acting a little crazy. During one of the timeouts the cheerleaders were throwing out balls and frisbees to the fans. Garrett got a frisbee and immediately threw it right back to them. It was funny. That kid understands how the game is supposed to be played!



We also get to use the gym for free and have had fun playing raquetball and I want to try out the rock wall sometime but we haven't done that yet. Starting in January I will be able to start taking classes for free so if you have any suggestions of something fun to take let me know! Anyway, all the little extras sure make life more fun!

6 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

That's awesome you get all those freebies! Hmmm...I'm trying to think what classes to take. One not to take is spanish by Flamegetti of whatever his name is?? You should see some of my test papers with red marks all over them. Is Larry Severeid still there? He was my favorite teacher! He teaches literature classes. Or hey...you could always take up dance so you can be just as good as Lexie!

Amber Chappell said...

I actually thought about taking dance because I know the dance teacher who seems like she would be lots of fun. The only problem is I need a night class and they don't offer one, oh yeah, and there is the little problem of I have absolutely no rhythm!

Brianne said...

Nice benefit! All I get from Scott working at Lowe's is 10% off. And the nearest Lowe's is about 50 miles away! Not very helpful. Oh well.

And I think you dance quiet well!

Richelle said...

When the kids are in school I would love to take some business classes. Learning is great whatever it is. What a great opportunity. Flying is great fun if they offer it. I also liked Folk Dance.

Unknown said...

Are you sure you are liking it there? Don't you feel like you need to move back to Memphis? I'm just checking. ;o) (There's no harm in trying to get you back here, right?)

Jenny said...

Sounds like we went into the wrong profession! That is AWESOME!

P.S. Those are great pictures! Did you take those? If so you are just as talented as your hubby!