
1) Freeman Park - I didn't think this was something I would miss but I do. I have tons of memories of this park since we went there all the time. We had Zack's third birthday party there, I walked with Kayleen and Micaela in the wee hours of the freezing winter mornings until too pregnant with the twins to keep doing it, I also have fond memories of taking my pillow to sit on the bench and watch my kids play because I was so pregnant I couldn't do anything else! Freeman Park was also one of the first places we ever took the twins. I think they were less than a week old and they slept in their car seats on one of the picnic tables while I tried my best to actually play with Zack and Lexi.
2) Memphis Fall Weather -- honestly you can not beat the Falls out there. They last forever. I remember our first Christmas there we went outside and didn't even have to wear jackets.
3) Memphis Online Garage Sale -- this is a website where you can seriously buy just about anything you need. I bought lots of baby equipment on there and I sold tons of stuff too. I keep wishing I could use it to find bed rails so my boys will quit falling out of bed all the time! And of course I'm too cheap to just go buy them at Walmart!

4) The Children's Museum - my kids loved that place. We would seriously go there just about every week. I especially enjoyed going there with friends. Liz Sharon and I went several times together right before I moved and that was lots of fun.

5) Our apartment swimming pool -- I don't miss our apartment at all like I thought I might. That place had either gotten too small or we had gotten too big! But I do miss having our own swimming pool. We used to go tons in the summer and usually had the whole place to ourselves. We had an indoor pool too but we didn't use it as much as we should have. I think we only went swimming twice here this summer (besides 2 weeks of swimming lessons) even though they do have a wave pool and an indoor pool.

6) The Morrisons - okay I know I said I wasn't going to mention any friends but I really miss the Morrisons! I can't believe they are going to have a new baby and I won't even be there to see her or help out. It seems like we've been friends with them forever!
7 comments:
Time goes by so fast. I don't even remember Freeman Park & The Childrens museum never had that fun sign. We've been gone about 5 years. Everyone has lots more kids. Lots of memories from Memphis.
I can't believe you've been gone 6 months already. I definitely miss you and your family here!! I miss my gym buddy, hanging out with you at dance class, going to the library storytimes and the Children's Museum...fun times!! I miss ya! When are you coming back?!?! :)
Oh and we are definitely enjoying the weather here and all the fall colors...although I've been freezing in the 50's...I don't know what I'm going to do when we move back to Utah!!
Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving with your families!!
Just so you know Liz I was going to mention missing the gym and my gym buddy but then I would have more than 6 things! I miss Library story time too. They attempt to do it here but it's pretty pathetic. I had to call the Bartlett library a few months ago because I had accidently stolen a book in the move and I talked to Miss LeAnn for like 10 minutes. She probably thought I was crazy!
Yea right Amber...I know you were trying to steal that kids book!! Ha Ha! I still laugh to this day about the southern accent of Mrs. Reba when she says "Sarah". Remember that day we just laughed during storytime!!
I think you must mean "Saaayyyrahh" Liz! And don't forget "One little Baaaaayby rockin' in the traaaeee!" (this must be said with serious smoker's voice)
Hi Amber,
If you get a second will you put a link to my website on your blog? It is www.babyblossom.biz Thanks
Oh, I'm just reading now reading this and I got emotional at the beginning and then when I got the end I just about cried! We miss you guys soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! Did I mention we miss you guys? I can't believe you've been gone six months. It feel like just yesterday we were having your party in the backyard but at the same time it seems like FOREVER ago, too! Did I mention we miss our best friends? I can't wait for you to come visit again some day! Or perhaps I'll just have to wait to see you when we make it back out that way again. Did I mention I miss you??? ;o)
(Oh, and to think I was pregnant in that picture when we came to visit and you didn't even know it... hehe. :o)
Post a Comment