
Finally the pictures from Halloween. I've been a Blog Slacker lately. My dad came and stayed with us for a week so I pretty much haven't had my spare time to spend on the computer. We had a fun time with Grandpa though. It's so nice to live close enough that we can enjoy more time with the relatives. Oh yeah...back to Halloween. I can't say that I'm a huge fan of Halloween. We spend all this money on costumes they'll only wear once or twice, we go around to all the neighbors begging for candy that will only contribute to the childhood obesity rate and then everyone gets more cavities. By the time we get all the cavities fixed it's time for Halloween again! (Not that any of my children have ever had a cavity....yet) I pretty much just deal with Halloween so we can get on to the more enjoyable holiday of Thanksgiving. Now there's a holiday worth celebrating! Anyway, enough of my soap box!
We went to a bazillion Halloween parties this year. There was the playgroup carnival, Zack's preschool party, Lexi's school party, the Spooktacular at the college and the ward Chili Cook off and Trunk or Treat. (We even skipped out on the Playgroup Trunk or Treat, the Castle Heights Spooktacular and the Haunted museum at the dinosaur museum here in town. I guess you can't do everything.) The kids totally loaded up on candy! Yikes! Even worse... I think I've eaten half of it myself. Here are a few pictures of the kids. Somehow we missed getting a picture of Garrett by himself in his costume and neither one of the twins would wear their hats. But they looked pretty cute sporting their little goatees if you ask me. By the way they were not Bob the Builders, just construction workers like Uncle Shay. Alexis is a "pretty" witch and Zack is Optimus Prime the leader of the Autobots (Transformers for all of you who only have girls!) His best friend Gabe was his right hand man, Bumblebee. They went trick or treating together which was really fun for Zack.

We did a Mr. Potato Head pumpkin this year because I don't enjoy pulling out the pumpkin guts and none of the kids will do it, so we tried something new this year. I thought we were being original and then I noticed that my neighbors two houses down also did it. They had 6 pumpkins though and we only had one so we ended up looking pretty pathetic! I'm going to claim that we had the idea first though!


4 comments:
Cute costumes. I like the Mr. Potato Head pumpkin too...what a great idea! I think I will steal it for next year. I really hate carving pumpkins too. I can't believe you don't love Halloween! It's way better than Thanksgiving...I hate turkey...YUCK!
Cute pictures! I am not a fan of Halloween too for your same reasons, except when Joe is going to be a dentist it will definitly benefit us with all those kids getting cavities!!
Sounds like you guys have been busy going to all those parties. Sounds fun!
Oh and don't feel bad about eating the kids candy. I bought the Halloween candy too early this year and ate the whole bag of Butterfingers!! Well, minus 2 that Joe ate! Oops!!
Awww I love Halloween costume pictures! Your kids are adorable as always!
In response to Brianne's comment about not liking turkey, I have to say I have never cooked a turkey in my life. We are Ham people....yummm!
Post a Comment