Zac has officially become the second teenager in our house! His birthday was last week and I think we celebrated for days! On Monday, his real birthday, we went to Winger's for dinner where they sang to him and brought him a hot cookie and ice cream dessert. Then we came home to open his one lonely little present (actually he had gotten a hammock and squirt guns from Grandpa Bill and Grandma Susan and money from Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Gerry already.) He had been asking for a phone and kept telling me that he was "the only 7th grader in the whole world who didn't have a phone!" I kept telling him that I thought he was too young for a phone and I was just going to buy him socks instead. So, of course, I wrapped up socks for his present. The third picture is him holding a fidget spinner which is the latest fad toy (the one that drives teachers crazy!) but the funny look on his face is because he started to hear a funny ring tone coming from somewhere across the room! I had hidden his phone on the book shelf and had Lexi call it. Unbeknownst to me she had put a funny ringtone on it so it was singing "I whip my hair back and forth, I whip my hair back and forth!" Zac had to go search for it by following the sound of his ringtone. He was very excited and has been Instagramming everything ever since! He actually got an even better phone than I have! And he got a cool case that says "Eat, Sleep, Play Soccer." I also made sure to put a tempered glass screen cover on it because he has a tendency to drop things!
Tyson really surprised me on Zac's Birthday by buying me "Gave Birth Day" flowers! I've been saying for years that moms deserve a gift on their kids birthdays since we are the ones who went to so much to give them life! Apparently Tyson remembered and decided to get me something. They were a really beautiful mix of roses, lillies and daffodils.
On Friday Zac took a few friends for a very last minute birthday party to see the second Guardians of the Galaxy movie. They met at our house first for pizza and then Tyson took them to the movies and bought them all big drinks and popcorn. The friends, left to right, are Gabe Langstein, Riley King and Jackson Smith (or as Zac has them in his phone contacts Broken Arm Kid, Riley and Smif!)
Zac is such a fun, happy boy and I hope he had a great birthday! We love him to pieces! I'm not really sure how 13 years has passed already though!
No comments:
Post a Comment