Tyson was asked by Garrett's 4th grade teacher to go and give an anatomy demonstration to all three of the 4th grade classes. I lucked out and was able to go too because I was subbing at the high school and had a perfectly timed prep period. These are the same kids I taught when I was subbing long term, so it was fun to see them interact with my husband. They thought he was awfully smart! He really does seem to know the answers to everything. I learned a lot I didn't know as well. He started out by dissecting a cow eyeball for them, which grossed some of them out, but most of them thought was very cool. Then he talked about the heart and then the brain. The kids had SO many really good questions! He was only supposed to go about an hour but ended up going even longer because the kids were just so interested. It's not everyday you get to bring real human brains to show and tell in the 4th grade! I'm sure it was fun for Drake and Garrett to have their dad come in and talk about his work too.
No comments:
Post a Comment