The rest of our trip was memorable! I had to send Lexi up with a friend because I had to work and wouldn't have been able to get her there in time. So by the time I got to Salt Lake I sat in rush hour traffic for 45 minutes, took a wrong turn once, and then waited for a train for at least 10 minutes. Then the train completely stopped moving while still blocking the road I needed (I could literally see the building I was trying to get to on the other side of the tracks!) I had to drive about 15 blocks to get around. The train was still blocking that road when I left the facility 3 hours later! Glad I didn't keep waiting! So because of all my trouble getting there, I missed the first two games completely. That night we had to have gas station food for dinner because there was literally NOWHERE to eat anywhere near the sports complex or our hotel. We drove around for 20 minutes trying to find somewhere. They build these complexes out in industrial areas a lot of the time and it was really late when we were done Friday night so we didn't drive in to the city for dinner. My gas station sandwich had a hair in it though so maybe the extra drive would have been worth it! Then our hotel was pretty sketchy. It looked great online and had great reviews but the actual experience left much to be desired! When we left the tournament I ended up getting lost again and it was pretty tricky getting back to the freeway but we managed it eventually! I don't say these things to complain, just that it was so funny that everything was going so poorly the whole time! We just could not seem to catch a break! But it was a lot of fun to spend time with Lexi. Her serves have really become phenomenal. It's fun to watch her improve. Tyson wasn't able to go with us because he stayed in town to pick Zac up from Region Science Fair and to take him to his game on Saturday.
header picture
Sunday, April 2, 2017
Sports Alert!
This past week has been a complete blur! Sometimes you just have to shake your head and wonder how you ever got to everything you needed to do that week! The kids are all involved in a lot of sports and most days I spend quite a bit of time shuttling them to their various practices. A typical week consists of 9 different practices at different times on different fields/courts. It can be a little chaotic and hard to keep track of who needs to be where and when! Last Saturday we went to Zac's first Comp soccer game of the season. As you can see in the pictures the weather didn't disappoint for a Spring soccer season game....it rained and was cold the whole game! But soccer players are extremely tough and don't cancel for anything unless it could actually kill you (i.e Lightning. Lightning is the only reason to ever cancel soccer!) Tyson and I braved the rain and cold under our umbrellas for the first half and then watched from the comfort of our heated leather car seats for the remainder of the game. Those poor boys were soaked and freezing and the ball kept slipping from their hands on the throw ins and it was hard to kick the ball through the slippery grass. Alas, we didn't win but they played their hearts out. In other soccer related news, Zac tried out for the Mont Harmon Middle School soccer team and got on the Varsity team even though he's only a 7th grader. He was pretty excited!
This weekend Lexi and I spent 2 days at a Volleyball Tournament in Salt Lake City. It was the biggest facility I'd ever seen for this type of thing! Twenty eight courts in one huge warehouse, full of screaming teenage girls and whistles...oh the whistles! My head is still ringing! But it was a lot of fun and they got a lot of practice in the 8 games they played. Lexi's team played some of the better teams in the initial rounds of pool play so they ended up in the lowest division for the final tournament (the Copper Bracket.) They did however decimate the teams they had to play in the Copper tournament and won first place easily. I think they were definitely not a copper level team but that's how the chips fall sometimes. In fact, one of the teams they almost beat in pool play went on to win the top spot in the gold division. Ah well....that's how things go sometimes.
The rest of our trip was memorable! I had to send Lexi up with a friend because I had to work and wouldn't have been able to get her there in time. So by the time I got to Salt Lake I sat in rush hour traffic for 45 minutes, took a wrong turn once, and then waited for a train for at least 10 minutes. Then the train completely stopped moving while still blocking the road I needed (I could literally see the building I was trying to get to on the other side of the tracks!) I had to drive about 15 blocks to get around. The train was still blocking that road when I left the facility 3 hours later! Glad I didn't keep waiting! So because of all my trouble getting there, I missed the first two games completely. That night we had to have gas station food for dinner because there was literally NOWHERE to eat anywhere near the sports complex or our hotel. We drove around for 20 minutes trying to find somewhere. They build these complexes out in industrial areas a lot of the time and it was really late when we were done Friday night so we didn't drive in to the city for dinner. My gas station sandwich had a hair in it though so maybe the extra drive would have been worth it! Then our hotel was pretty sketchy. It looked great online and had great reviews but the actual experience left much to be desired! When we left the tournament I ended up getting lost again and it was pretty tricky getting back to the freeway but we managed it eventually! I don't say these things to complain, just that it was so funny that everything was going so poorly the whole time! We just could not seem to catch a break! But it was a lot of fun to spend time with Lexi. Her serves have really become phenomenal. It's fun to watch her improve. Tyson wasn't able to go with us because he stayed in town to pick Zac up from Region Science Fair and to take him to his game on Saturday.
The rest of our trip was memorable! I had to send Lexi up with a friend because I had to work and wouldn't have been able to get her there in time. So by the time I got to Salt Lake I sat in rush hour traffic for 45 minutes, took a wrong turn once, and then waited for a train for at least 10 minutes. Then the train completely stopped moving while still blocking the road I needed (I could literally see the building I was trying to get to on the other side of the tracks!) I had to drive about 15 blocks to get around. The train was still blocking that road when I left the facility 3 hours later! Glad I didn't keep waiting! So because of all my trouble getting there, I missed the first two games completely. That night we had to have gas station food for dinner because there was literally NOWHERE to eat anywhere near the sports complex or our hotel. We drove around for 20 minutes trying to find somewhere. They build these complexes out in industrial areas a lot of the time and it was really late when we were done Friday night so we didn't drive in to the city for dinner. My gas station sandwich had a hair in it though so maybe the extra drive would have been worth it! Then our hotel was pretty sketchy. It looked great online and had great reviews but the actual experience left much to be desired! When we left the tournament I ended up getting lost again and it was pretty tricky getting back to the freeway but we managed it eventually! I don't say these things to complain, just that it was so funny that everything was going so poorly the whole time! We just could not seem to catch a break! But it was a lot of fun to spend time with Lexi. Her serves have really become phenomenal. It's fun to watch her improve. Tyson wasn't able to go with us because he stayed in town to pick Zac up from Region Science Fair and to take him to his game on Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment