The kids and I have been on Spring Break for the past couple of days. We haven't done anything super exciting (unless you count cleaning all the carpet in the whole house...which I don't!) We did go see the movie Zootopia as a family on Saturday and the kids played with friends most days. Also on Saturday we dyed Easter Eggs and let them open their Easter bags full of candy from Tyson's parents.
Then on Sunday I made up our traditional Easter Treasure Hunt. I wasn't going to do it this year because last year they didn't seem to enjoy it as much as in years past, but they begged me to do it. Only this time they wanted it to be harder. Some suggestions were to make it all rhyme and do it in French. Well, since I don't speak French...and neither do they....I opted for writing it all out in code...but no rhymes. They really seemed to enjoy that! It took them longer than usual to finish all the clues and they were really getting into it. That made it worth the time I spent getting it ready. They found their baskets in Tyson and I's room. Each of them got a book that I knew they'd been wanting and something else that was semi-educational such as a piano book Lexi wanted, mirror Rubix Cubes for Zac, and Origami paper for Drake and Garrett (so they'll stop using all the paper from my memo pads!) Of course, they also got plenty of candy/chocolate, Pringles, peeps and Dr. Pepper. Later that day we had a giant Easter Feast with Ham and all the fixings and then we colored Easter pictures together. It was an enjoyable day!
MEMORABLE MOMENT: Last weekend Zac went to Regional Science Fair in Cedar City so we spent tons of time re-vamping his display board and he had to write a 5 page report to go with it. He didn't win anything but he did have a great time and made fun memories with other kids his age. And I was very proud of him for being brave enough to go. It was scary for him to do something like this on his own, but he did fantastic! He ordered and paid for food by himself at restaurants, slept in a hotel room without any adults, talked to lots of judges, and found his way around SUU's campus by himself. He's already talking about needing a great project for next year so he can go again! Way to go buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment