Yesterday I got an early Valentine's Day present! Tyson really does know how to spoil me! He bought me, or rather told me to buy myself...from him, an incredibly nice treadmill. I have been wanting one of these for YEARS! Years, I tell ya! Well, after much research and consideration I went with the Proform ZT8. It has 22 different programs, goes up to 12 mph (not that my short legs will ever need that kind of speed!) has power incline up to 12%, a serious shock cushioning system, a hydraulic lift system for when you store it upright, heart rate sensors, and a 2-ply 60 inch belt (so Tyson's long legs won't fall off the end should he ever want to become a runner.) The ZT8 was the best for having all the options I wanted. Any lower and the belt was too short, any higher and it started getting into fancier stuff that I don't care about. This treadmill can be enabled with Ifit but I don't care about that at this point in time.
Tyson and I spent a couple hours putting it together last night. Okay, so I just held stuff and gave motivational speeches ("You're doing so great, Ty!" "Look at those big muscles!") but it didn't feel right to go read a book while he did all the work! We had a few tricky spots where the pre-drilled holes didn't line up quite right and it took some ingenuity to get it to work. We did miss one thing during step 6 but didn't notice until we were completely done and there was no way we were going to take everything apart. It was just cosmetic anyway...no big deal!
I was too tired by the time we finished putting it together last night, so I waited until this morning to take it for a test run. I ran 5 miles on it and it worked perfectly and felt really good (other than the part where I was breathing so hard and wondering why in the world I was trying for 5 miles!) Maybe I shouldn't have pushed so hard since I need to have enough energy to play two volleyball games tonight...but oh well! Thanks Ty! I love it!





No comments:
Post a Comment