Then we headed down to Bear Lake North Beach which was about 20 minutes from the house we were renting. I would have liked to have rented something closer, but everything was too expensive so I figured we could drive a little ways. And anyway, I thought our location was gorgeous and the seclusion was nice. We found a nice big spot on the beach and set up our canopies. It was a good thing we got there early because the beach filled up fast and the wind started really blowing just as we were leaving to go back. Tyson was our designated "inflater" and spent half his time blowing up boats and then deflated them. Good thing he had a power pump! Our neighbor, Sharon Madsen, had let us borrow some inflatable boats and two big sea turtle rafts. The kids loved them! Zac especially was loving rowing around on the boats. We did lose 1 oar and I spent quite awhile looking for it and just when I was about to give up a stranger stepped on it (it had sunk and the water is kind of murky) and gave it back to us. The kids also had lots of fun playing in the sand.
My mom and I were in charge of lunch at the beach. We had ham and turkey sandwiches with fruit, chips, cookies and drinks. It was a pretty easy meal to do. We had tons of food! If anyone left hungry it was their own dang fault!
We stayed at the beach for about 4 hours and then cleaned up and headed back. Tyson and I did take our kids to go get "Famous Shakes" first though. Once we got back to the ranch house we did more activities. Grandma had fun art projects and she gave each kid a book, just because she likes to give out books. She's my kind of lady! Brittany and Ashley made yummy spaghetti and meatballs for dinner that night. Later, the kids and I, and a few other cousins, watched National Treasure and got to bed pretty late. Tyson spent a few hours each night we were there taking night shots. He got some really great photos. I'll have to post about them separately soon.
Sunday morning we just woke up and had some breakfast and started packing up. It was a really fun weekend and I was sad to see it end. I could have easily spent a couple more days and not have done everything I wanted to! But it is kind of a relief knowing I'm not going to have to be in charge for the next 8 years. I'm excited to see what James decides to do for next years reunion!



No comments:
Post a Comment