On Sunday after we left the family reunion at Bear Lake we went to Park City to the Utah Olympic Park. Our Salt Lake Connect Passes got us a free turn on one of the ropes courses. The boys and I were a little more nervous (okay, fine, I was a little nervous!) so we did the intermediate course. It was 25 feet off the ground which doesn't sound like much but sure looks like a lot when you are walking across a wire with only a slack rope to hang on to or balancing on a log! Tyson and Lexi did the advanced course which was 55 feet off the ground and had a couple more obstacles than the intermediate course. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of them actually traversing their obstacle course because I was 25 feet up in the air the whole time trying not to let my knees knock together! They finished a little before we did, so Tyson took some pictures of the boys and I climbing. It was really fun and after the first couple of obstacles we were starting to feel really confident. That first step on the first few obstacles takes a bit a of mental maneuvering though! I think if we do this again we could all handle doing the advanced course. Maybe someday! I really do love that feeling you get after you do something difficult or scary and how you feel so proud of yourself afterwards. I was glad to have shared that feeling with my family!
After the ropes course we took a few minutes to watch people ski jumping into the pool and then we walked through the Olympic Museum for a few minutes. We didn't stay too long though because we were all starting to feel pretty exhausted from our fun, long weekend! We have really enjoyed having our Utah Connect Passes. They were definitely worth the money and we experienced so many things that we probably wouldn't have done without them. Lots of the venues were very educational as well fun. The passes expire at the end of this month, but we have done almost everything on them (14 venues!) except for the Tracy Aviary and riding the Tram at Snowbird. Oh well, we tried hard to get to them all, but we didn't quite make it!
No comments:
Post a Comment