
This year I was in charge of the Hoyt Family Reunion. I had to find a space big enough for 40 people and with some kind of fun activities to do. I decided on taking a trip to Bear Lake because that is where we used to go all the time for our family reunions when we were growing up. I guess I was feeling nostalgic! I found a great ranch house that had 5 big bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in the house and an additional 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in the renovated barn. And there were a few extra beds in loft areas. Plus there were two big family rooms and a huge common area in the barn. It was the perfect space for us! Everyone had plenty of room and we could spread out and not feel cramped. It was also nice and clean and decorated in Pinterest worthy style!
We arrived at the house at about 2:00 on Friday and spent the rest of the day just playing, relaxing and chatting with family members as they arrived. There were a lot of activities to do at the house. We played Ping Pong, Foosball and Tether Ball. They also had a sand volleyball area, horseshoes and even a baseball field. I had each family bring games or crafts or some kind of activity. People were playing Life, Stratego, Phase 10 and Mega Twister (2 mats.)
My sisters Anna and Sara were in charge of Friday night's dinner. They made some yummy copy cat Cafe Rio burritos. I can definitely say that we ate well during this reunion! My grandma Carolyn and Grandpa Burke even drove from their house (about 2 hours) to come visit for a few hours. It was nice to see them! We had a really great first day of our reunion!




No comments:
Post a Comment