header picture

header picture

Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter 2015

We had lots of fun hanging out with Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Gerry for the weekend. They were both not feeling well though. Grandpa was down with back trouble all weekend and Grandma has Epstein Barr (it's basically adult Mono)and was really tired. So we just sort of made our own fun and took over the house and kitchen! Lexi was lots of help with making meals and the kids did a few chores to help grandma and grandpa out. We watched movies, played with Grandma's toys, and hiked the mountain out back.


We also went to the Orderville Easter Egg Hunt. The kids were amazed at all the eggs they were able to gather and how much good stuff was in them. They got lots of big rubber balls, slap bracelets, finger puppets, and candy.  It was a much better egg hunt than the one we went to in Price where they ended up with about 5 stickers each.




That afternoon we went out to the Coral Pink Sand Dunes where Uncle James and his family were camping for the weekend.  We played in the sand, went on some big rides with Uncle James in his Rzr (he drives pretty fast!) and hiked through a slot canyon called Peekaboo.  I didn't take my camera out to Peekaboo because you have to ride in the Rzr on really sandy roads for about 4 miles and I didn't want to take any chances of getting sand in my camera. It was a really amazing slot canyon though! I'd love to take Tyson there someday but I'm pretty sure I'd never be able to find it.


After our hike James and Brittany and their friends they were camping with made us a yummy dutch oven dinner  of chicken, potatoes, and salads. This was a pretty spontaneous adventure but we had a lot of fun. The kids were dirty and very tired when we got home. Zac actually fell asleep before he could get a shower and I didn't have the heart to wake him up, so he slept with sand in his pockets that night!

Memorable Moment: The kids did also get to dye Easter Eggs at our house a few days before our trip to Orderville. I love that they can do it all on their own now....it's not my most favorite activity in the world. But I'm glad they had fun!

No comments: