header picture

header picture

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Busy Blogger

I feel like this blog has become somewhat neglected lately just because life has been so very busy. I started working part-time in September as a substitute teacher and I've been getting a lot of assignments lately and this poor little blog is one of the things that gets pushed to the side in favor of slightly more pressing matters like feeding my children, cleaning the house, running kids to scouts/soccer/volleyball/basketball and helping them with homework (Science Fair,Fractions,and Genre Projects! Oh My!) But I do think it's important to keep at it even if it's not as often or as well done as I would like. I recently ordered our latest blog book and it makes me very happy to see how much the kids love them (the little narcissists!) and there are so many things that I would have forgotten about without this blog to remind me, things that I don't want to forget about for the world! With that said, this busy blogger is going to throw a whole jumble of things into this post in an attempt to catch up so I can stop feeling guilty about how far behind I have gotten! And then, I'm going to try harder to stay up with it....I may even be willing to forego an episode of Parenthood at night in order to blog something about Tyson and I's own attempts at parenthood! Maybe...unless I'm really exhausted from my latest attempt at subduing a classroom full of really naughty Kindergarteners!

Zac has been very busy lately too. I had signed him up for Junior Jazz basketball and then found out about a soccer academy that he really wanted to do so he has been doing both. I normally don't let the kids do two sports at once but we couldn't pass up the opportunity to have him do soccer with a professional coach. Actually it is called Futsol because it is indoor soccer and they use smaller, slightly weighted balls but its very similar to soccer and he's learned lots of footwork skills that will help him when he gets out on the field this spring. He is also really loving basketball.  His team is still undefeated with only one game left!  Drake and Garrett have also started a Little Eagles basketball league but we will get pictures of them at their next game.




A couple of weekends ago we made a trip up to Salt Lake to visit the Natural History Museum.  We met Bill, Susan and Shay there.  It is a really cool musuem and we spent a few hours there. The museum has everything from Dinosaurs to Native American artifacts to information about Utah's land formations. Afterwards we went out to Red Robin for dinner.





During that same trip we made a stop at Krispy Kreme donuts to get the kids reward for getting good grades.  Krispy Kreme will give each kid free donuts for up to 6 A's on their report card. Kind of seems like a no-brainer to me!
Lexi participated in the Middle School science fair.  She did a project dealing with Ph levels.  She didn't win but she learned a lot and worked very hard on it. She also joined a local club volleyball team that is just getting started.
And with that said, the month of January is already over and we are cruising through 2015! I can't believe how much faster time goes once you are an adult! Slow Down Time! My kids are only going to be young for little while longer!

No comments: