header picture

header picture

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Miscellaneous Memories

Just an update on a few other things we have been doing recently. The kids (with supervision from Dad!) have been practicing shooting the new bows they got from Grandpa Bill and Grandma Susan for Christmas. Their accuracy has improved exponentially each time they've gone out to shoot. They can now hit the target every time and even get a bulls-eye now and then. I know this because I listen for the cheers rather than actually watching because it is too flippin' cold outside these days! I do watch from the window sometimes....like the wimp that I am!



Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Gerry came by for a visit while Grandma was off work for Christmas break. They brought the kids new pajamas, books, and the game Battleship for Christmas. We took Grandma shopping, played board games, and got a yummy dinner from Sherald's. Grandpa is doing a lot better three months out from his triple bypass heart surgery.


While we were down in Loa for Christmas we went out to Capitol Reef for some family pictures. I hadn't planned on doing pictures while we were down there so we didn't do too good getting nice clothes, especially since I let the kids pack their own suitcases now. But we did our best, and I think they turned out nice.


For New Years Eve we went with the letter S for our theme (we always pick a letter and buy treats and play games, based upon that letter.) We had Spinach Dip, S'mores, Skittles, Swedish Fish, Sour gummy worms, Sugar cookies, Sugared donuts, Sprite, Squirt and Sparking Cranberry soda.  We also got Big Don's Supreme pizza.  Tyson and I went to a friends house for a party while the kids snacked and watched a movie.  This was the first year that the kids all stayed up clear until midnight (without mom secretly changing the time on the clocks!) and some of them just barely made it. They seemed almost relieved to be able to go to bed.

No comments: