I also gave the kids a giant activity/coloring book as a little Valentine. I honestly thought they would maybe color one picture and then forget about the whole thing, but they have literally spent hours coloring in them this weekend!
Tyson surprised me, and I do mean he really surprised me, with a dozen beautiful red roses and a ridiculous assortment of chocolates! He sure is a keeper! I am currently in the process of sampling everything to see what kind of chocolate I like best. Luckily, Tyson is more than willing to help me, so I won't have to spend the rest of my life in the gym! Lexi also gave us a cute little box of chocolates that says "I love you more than my phone." I sure hope so! Garrett colored each of us a picture from his new Minion coloring book. And our neighbor Sharon Madsen brought us cookies and some pretty tulips. All in all, I'd say it was a beautiful and tasty Valentine's Day!
Grandpa Bill and Grandma Susan gave each of the kids a cardboard shape to paint. We were supposed to do this before Valentine's Day, but I had to go buy paint and paintbrushes and I kept forgetting to get them. Finally though we were able to paint them and the kids had lots of fun working on them.
And now....I've recently decided I need to add a new element to my blog. We'll just call this our Memorable Moment. something that doesn't need a blog post of it's own but is memorable or cute or otherwise notable.
Memorable Moment: Drake learned how to blow up a balloon today! You'd think he had solved world hunger by his reaction! There are some accomplishments in childhood that you'll always remember and I'm sure this will be one of his. Way to go buddy! Apparently you're just as full of hot air as the rest of us!












No comments:
Post a Comment