header picture

header picture

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day

We're not real big on Valentine's Day around here. I don't expect flowers or chocolate or jewelry. Though Tyson did buy me some pretty heart shaped earrings a few weeks ago from a lady that he works with. I've worn them almost every day since! They are very pretty and light enough that they don't hurt to wear all day. He bought Lexi a pair of Zebra stripe heart earrings too. I bought him a box of those delicious Loft House sugar cookies that he loves (then I helped him eat them!) We did put a little bit of effort into making Valentine boxes for school though. First I made them with Drake and Garrett and then Lexi decided she wanted to make one too. Zac wouldn't make one no matter how hard I cajoled! Oh well, it's just not his thing I guess! I thought they turned out really cute and it was fun to spend one on one time with each kid. Luckily Pinterest is full of ideas because I'm not crafty unless someone else shows me what to do!

U

The kids had Valentine's Day off from school (due to parent teacher conferences) so we were able to take our time and have a fun breakfast. I made crepes with strawberries, bananas, nutella, and whip cream. We had strawberry milk to drink. I even decorated the table which is pretty impressive for me! I read in a book called The Happiness Project (or it's sequel, Happier at Home....I can't remember!) that doing fun holiday breakfasts is an easy way to make unique family memories, and that unique traditions build family unity. Obviously, it's not the most original idea, but sometimes you just need to be reminded to make an effort!



I sure love this crazy bunch! I'm glad they are mine! I hope your days are filled with love and happiness!

No comments: