When Drake and Garrett were babies they would sometimes both start crying and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. They'd been fed, changed, held, and weren't tired. One day I discovered that if I laid them right next to each other they would both stop crying and be content. It worked every time. They just needed to be together. I guess after spending nine months in a small enclosed space together you start to depend on each other to always be there!
Fast forward to almost age 7....and they still like to cuddle! I often find Garrett in Drake's bed when I go to wake them up in the morning. Sometimes it's because Garrett has had a bad dream (usually about Scrat from Ice Age), but sometimes it's just because he wants to be by his brother. I think it's really adorable! And I'm glad they have such a special bond. It looks like they may soon outgrow the twin sized bed though. I think it's only meant to hold one twin....not both!
FYI: In the first picture they are about a week old and it is Drake on the left and Garrett on the right. Second picture they are 15 months old with Drake on the left and Garrett on the right. Bottom picture is Garrett on the left and Drake on the right. And apparently Garrett still sucks his thumb. I thought he had stopped doing that!



No comments:
Post a Comment