This past Easter weekend was also the kids Spring Break so we decided to make a little trip to Orderville to see my mom and dad. Tyson had to work so he had to stay home alone with only Gryffin to keep him company. The first day was really windy and cold so we just stayed in the house and fought....oh, I mean played Battleship! The next day though was a beautiful day and we were able to go do a lot of fun things. We went to the community Easter egg hunt, dyed Easter eggs with cousins, and went on a hike to see some Indian ruins. I'll put pictures of the hike in a different post though.
They had a lot of eggs put out on the Elementary School lawn. It only took about 2 minutes for all the kids to get them gathered up. Drake was really dedicated to finding eggs! He wouldn't stop even once it was obvious the eggs were all gone. I think he was looking for a golden egg so he could get a prize.
The prize for the golden eggs was a 1 lb. chocolate bunny. We didn't actually find a golden egg, but my brother Gerry's family found 4 so they gave us one of their bunnies.
Later that day we went to Gerry's house to dye Easter eggs. I'm not a huge fan of Easter Eggs (unless they're plastic and filled with chocolate!), or any eggs for that matter, so the kids didn't know anything about dying Easter eggs. I think we did it once years ago, but no one remembers it. It was so funny because my kids were completely confused as to why anyone would want to dye an egg. What is the purpose, really? Then when we told them could go roll them down the hill they thought I was crazy. Zac said, "Why in the world would I want to roll an egg down a hill? Can't I just eat it?" So he did. Garrett probably ate three of them. But nobody really got into the egg rolling idea. Silly kids!
On Sunday morning we did our traditional treasure hunt to find their baskets. Not that any of them believe in the Easter Bunny anymore, but they still want a basket.
We gave them all Angry Birds shirts. They loved them!
Then we went to church with Grandma and Grandpa. After church we had a really good turkey dinner. My sister Sara and her husband Stetson were there too. It was a good weekend. I'll post pictures of the hike we took in a few days.








No comments:
Post a Comment