Since this blog is pretty much the best journal I've got, I feel like I have to keep reporting the little things that add up to our life here in the Chappell home. So here is yet another random events post.
Lexi absolutely loves going to her Activity Day girls activities at the church. They do a lot of fun stuff and since there are about 20 girls it can get pretty exciting! I am now the second counselor in the Primary presidency so part of my job is to oversee Activity Days. Usually, they would have enough adults that I wouldn't have to attend the activities, but since we're a few leaders short right now, I get to go and help out. They did a fun activity where they talked about service and then made these cute little flower cards. Each flower stem has a service they are willing to perform written on it. I gave Lexi several very helpful suggestions, if I do say so myself!
This is definitely one of those simple things, but it's important to me. I bought these Doc Martin boots when Tyson and I were dating. I've had them for 13 years and I've never shined them myself....and yet they always look pretty good. I'm glad I have a man in my life who loves me enough to shine my boots! Also, notice Tyson's looking rather lean these days. Yup, some serious dieting (no sugary pop!) and exercise and he has lost a lot of weight! So proud of him!
The other day I decided to put forth a little effort and make the kids a fun after school snack. The kids thought I was pretty amazing....until Garrett informed them that it wasn't originally my idea, that I stole it from the Internet! (Yes, I joined Pinterest)
They still ate it up pretty fast and told me I could make edible pictures for them anytime.....even if I got the idea from the Internet!
The kids were excited to get Valentines from both sets of grandparents. These are the boxes with candy that Bill and Susan sent them. My parents have started a family newsletter, which the kids have been excited to get each month, and they included cards and dollar bills for each kid this month. They all had Valentine's parties at school too and ended up with plenty of candy. I was glad the Valentines we gave them were not sugary after all that! We gave Drake and Garrett each a 4 pack of Playdough, Zac a Harry Potter Uno game, and Lexi a Bath and Body Works lotion.
I had some money from Christmas from Tyson's family that I hadn't used yet, so I splurged and bought us a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. So far we've made peanut butter cup ice cream and a mixed berry frozen yogurt, and tonight we are making a recipe that supposed to be as good as a Wendy's Frosty. I love Cuisinart appliances! This one is so fast and easy and cleans up really nice. You don't even have to use salt or ice like with the old fashioned ice cream makers. It's a pretty sweet present (pun intended!)
I don't have a picture of the last thing I wanted to mention....oh well. Last Monday we had a Tae Bo family event. All of us went and Tyson and I got in a great 90 minute workout and the kids played with the other kids. It was fun!
That's all for now. Today we are going to Lexi's PEAK event at the school so I'll blog about that soon.






No comments:
Post a Comment