header picture

header picture

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween

I was kind of lame this year for Halloween. Since I refuse to pay $20 for a flimsy silk costume, and I didn't manage to get any costumes on clearance last year, I made the kids just pick something from their existing dress-up box. I still think they look pretty adorable though. This year Lexi was Sacajawea (last year she was Pocahontas), Zac was Iron Man, Drake was also Iron Man and Garrett was the black Spiderman. We went trick-or-treating as a whole family this year and left our house without someone to pass out candy. This was both a good and a bad thing. We ended up having a lot of candy left over, plus all the candy the kids got from the neighbors. Good whenever we're feeling a sweet tooth, bad whenever we're feeling a sweet tooth! I did hide a lot of candy though to use later for filling Christmas stockings.


I got to be the helper in Preschool for the Halloween party.  We had a good time. 



I also took Drake and Garrett to the Playgroup Trunk or Treat party and they had a photo backdrop set up.  I wish Garrett would have taken his mask off, but it's okay.
And this year I managed to hit the clearance sale and bought new costumes for next year.  Maybe I'll hide some more candy and just pass it out next year, then I'll be truly prepared well in advance.  Everyone loves old, hard candy and chocolate that's all white and dried out don't they?!!

2 comments:

S.C. said...

Hi Grandkids,
We liked seeing you in your 2011 costumes. Who cares if they were from the family costume box. Smart move Amber. What a good sport you are Ty to hit the streets with your family. That had to be more fun than staying home.
Your Loa Grandparents

Emily said...

Splendid idea to save the candy for next year! ;)

Looks like things are grand at your house!

I hope you are happy and well!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!