A few weekends ago Tyson's parents took the kids over Fall Break so Tyson and I could have a weekend alone. The first day we rode our bikes to the college, played racquetball and then rode home. We also went out to dinner at Winger's. After a 6 mile bike ride and getting my booty kicked at racquetball, I was starting to wish my kids would come back home so I'd have any excuse to relax!
The second day we went to Provo and did all our Christmas shopping, ate at Rodizio Grill, watched the movie Footloose and bought ourselves some funny shoes. They are Vibram Fivefinger shoes. I do my Tae Bo class barefoot because I can balance better without shoes. The only problem is that the floor is nasty dirty and sometimes I step on sharp objects. So these shoes make it feel like you're barefoot, but you have some protection and a lot better grip. It took forever to get them on the first time because my toes didn't want to cooperate. I'm getting a lot better at it now though. Tyson decided to try some on and ended up buying a pair too. It's just a coincidence that they match, we weren't really going for that.
On Saturday we went to the gun range to do a little target shooting. It's been a really long time since I've done that. It was fun. Tyson is a much better shot than me though!
We also went on another bike ride, probably 7 or 8 miles long. Then Tyson's parents brought the kids back home on Sunday and Shay came over so we had a birthday party for Tyson, his mom, and Shay who all have birthdays in the same week.
It was really nice to have some alone time without the kids but we were also glad when we got them back home again! Thanks to Bill and Susan for watching them for what must have seemed like a very long 4 days!





No comments:
Post a Comment