August 24th (Lexi's 9th birthday) was the first day of school. The kids were very excited! I'm not even sure what time Zac woke up that morning but I know it was awfully early!
Zac's 2nd Grade Teacher is Mrs. Tuckett. This is her first year of teaching so we don't know much about her, but I really hope she's good. Zac's one stipulation when buying school clothes was that he get a shirt with a Dragon on it. I thought that might be tricky but we found this shirt at our first store and he was very happy with it. We are reading the book Where the Mountain Meets the Moon as a family and it has a dragon in it, so that's where the idea came from.
Lexi's teacher is Mrs. Swasey. She was excited to have her because she is the only 4th grade teacher that teaches the recorder. But apparently this year she won't be doing recorders. Lexi was a little sad about that but says she thinks Mrs. Swasey is great.
Lexi was excited that school started on her Birthday. It was only a half day though so we still had plenty of time for birthday celebrations later in the day. I'll post about her birthday soon!





1 comment:
Mrs. Swasey was the R.S. President in my ward in Price and I was her secretary. She is a great person. I think your daughter will really like her.
Post a Comment