You know how there are lots of things you take pictures of and you'd like to remember, but they don't really make it onto their own blog posts. Well, here are a few of those moments from the month of July in the Chappell home. Plus a few confessions about my imperfections as a mother....nobody's perfect!
First off, we've done A LOT of bowling this summer because of the Kids Bowl Free program. And by A LOT I mean we have gone 10 times! Our kids have improved a lot, but we grown-ups just seem to be getting worse and worse. In fact, last time we went Drake bowled 109 and beat one of us, but I won't say which one because he might get embarrassed! Confession #1 - I don't like it when my kids beat my score in bowling.
Drake doing a little victory cheer. He actually seems to like Splits more than Strikes or Spares. Oh well....
I took this picture last Sunday before church. I loved how the boys were so interested in this Dr. Seuss book. Also, it's a picture when everyone's hair is combed, so that seemed important enough to document! Confession #2 - I don't comb their hair every day in the summer. Oh the shame!
My sneaky little Lexi woke up early and finished reading our book club book, The Indian in the Cupboard (She swears she didn't but she keeps slipping up and mentioning parts of the book that we haven't gotten to yet!) Then she finished reading The Return of the Indian after church. Confession #3 - I have totally done that myself. Ella Enchanted was one I couldn't stand to read only a chapter at a time.
I finally got around to painting Lexi's bedroom doors (Confession #4 - I procrastinate. I really do hate painting doors....and closets!). It was still drying so she had a night or two without having a bedroom door. She put up this great barricade. If you can't read the sign it says, "Great Wall of China, (No Tours!)" She has a flair for the dramatic!
We finally made it to one of the Mom & Me Playgroup activities. We did face painting and came home with not one, but three, Harry Potters and a beautiful Flower girl. My kids think I'm a real artist....I wonder how old they have to be before they realize their mom isn't good at everything!? Confession #5 - I'm no artist!
We also have done some great science experiments. Here Zac is showing off the Gak we made. Go HERE for a great recipe for it. Confession #6 - not all of our science experiments have worked. I failed at making a vortex generator.
Garrett is a real Toy Story fanatic. We got this book at the library for him and he packed it around for 6 weeks. Confession #7 - I never once sat down and read it to him. He was really sad when we had to take it back to the library. So I went on Half.com and found a copy. It cost a whopping 8 cents plus shipping! This is the day it came in the mail and Tyson immediately sat down and read it to him. What a good daddy!
Then there was this little incident today. It was a rather long day. Tae Bo in the morning, then cleaning all day and waiting for the dang diddly plumber who never came, then swimming for two hours, all after a pretty poor nights sleep. Apparently I was being rather snappy at the kids (confession #8!) and Tyson asked me what was wrong. I said I was going to start beating some small children if I didn't have some chocolate soon. He went to the store to buy me a candy bar and came back with this! He is such an overachiever, or he was really concerned for the welfare of our children!
So there you have it. A few of the small moments in the life of the Chappell's. Little things that seem inconsequential but make for great summer memories! Plus, now that I've confessed that I'm not a perfect mother I can stop trying so hard! Only kidding....









No comments:
Post a Comment