We recently got home from a really fun family vacation. We spent a few days in St. George (Tyson's Dad, brother and uncle all love to golf and St. George is great for that) Tyson's Aunt Helen owns a vacation home there right on the golf course. The weather was perfect! Then we headed to Arches National Park near Moab. I had never been there before and it is such a beautiful place!
The kids were such great hikers.....at first. The first night we were there we hiked Negro Bill Canyon (it really is called that). It's a 4 mile hike and the kids did awesome. The next day we hiked a few trails in Arches and they were a bit less enthusiastic, but they made it!
They were pretty exhausted by the time we made it back to our hotel though! I know a lot of people would camp if they went to Moab, but not us. We like our nice hotels with WiFi, hot breakfast, swimming pools and showers! Not to mention the free cookies at the front desk!
The kids got a second wind so we spent a few hours in the hotel pool. After dealing with Drake's goggles I decided it was high time to go buy them some decent ones. I honestly didn't think they would use them when I bought these but they seem to think they have to have them.
After swimming, Tyson, his dad, his uncle Shaun, and I decided to hike up to Delicate Arch. It was really amazing! I'm glad I didn't try to drag my kids up there though. I'm pretty sure we would have lost at least one over the edge of the cliff.
Tyson took some really great pictures while we were there. He even went out and took night shots for 5 hours. I was getting really concerned when he hadn't shown back up to the hotel by 4 a.m! I especially like his Star Trails pictures.
Go HERE to see more of Tyson's amazing pictures!
On a side note, we took a family picture while we were in St. George. I think it's funny that my kids are so trained to look at a camera on a tripod but when we're trying to take pictures of them they can't seem to smile good or look straight at you!
It was a great trip for the most part. (Don't get me started on Garrett's bad habit of throwing up all night on vacations!) I'm excited to go back to Arches soon and hike some of the trails we didn't get to. Now that my kids have proven they can hike we'll be doing a lot more of it!









1 comment:
The star picture is so cool! That is well worth the late night! What a fun trip!
Post a Comment