header picture

header picture

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Feeling Silly

I should be cleaning my bathrooms but I decided to blog instead. A girl has to have her priorities in order!

Tyson recently bought a new lens for his camera (what?? again!!!) It turns out that if you put the lens a few inches away from a persons face you get some fun distortions. Kind of like those cartoon pictures where people's heads are way bigger than their bodies. So Tyson has been having lots of fun making us all look ridiculous. Here are some of the results.

Drake


Garrett


Zac


Lexi
]

Then just to make it fair I took this one of Tyson. I was so afraid he was going to wake up and sit up fast and hit his head on the camera that was only 2 inches from his nose!


I'm a little embarrassed to be adding this one but it does look hilarious and I want you all to believe that my waist is really that small. Just please understand that although my forehead is quite large it is not this large!


As I'm sure you can tell, this particular lens is not intended for close-up portrait shots. It's a super wide angle lens intended for landscapes and large group photos. If you want to see what it can really do go to chappellshots.com and see the recent photos he's taken. I personally really like the power plant shots. I would never have thought to take pictures of a power plant. It seems like something only a terrorist would do. (He actually did have someone come ask him what he was doing and say that they have to report any suspicious activity!)

3 comments:

Tyson said...

I love the post! It would be fine if you took off the scary shot of the big nosed bear sleeping though. You're lucky that he didn't awaken and eat you! Oh what a silly family we have. XOXO

Brianne said...

Fun pictures! It must be great to have a husband who can take cool pictures.

And to heck with clean bathrooms! I think they are overrated!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

that is one super-wide lens!!! Tyson deserves every single one. he's a great photographer.

And, um, you kinda look like a Klingon. but a very cute one :)