header picture

header picture

Friday, April 9, 2010

Favorite Things: Spring Edition

Last Fall I did a post sharing my favorite things Oprah style (only I didn't give anything away for free!) I thought I'd do the same thing again with some of my new favorite things.

1) First up, here's a fun website for all my LDS friends out there. We know there's plenty of Mormon jokes tossed around at ward activities and such, so here are some comic strip type jokes that are pretty cute. They aren't currently adding any new ones but there's plenty in the archives to keep you laughing for awhile!
http://www.9thwardcartoons.com


2) Favorite New TV Show -- If you didn't watch Glee last year you need to rent it and get caught up before Season 2 begins next Tuesday. It's kind of like High School Musical with lots of singing, comedy and a bit of drama. Even Tyson will watch it with me and he's pretty picky about what he "wastes his time" on.

Glee Website


3) My new favorite book series -- The Thief, The King of Attolia, The Queen of Attolia, and The Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner. I know I've mentioned these books on here before but you really have to read them. Very cleverly written and entertaining.


4)A favorite recipe for Spring --

I found this recipe on Cooks.com. It is so easy and really, really good!

Easy Key Lime Pie

1 pkg. cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 14 oz. can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1/2 Cup lime juice
1 8 oz container of cool whip
3-4 drops of green food coloring

Mix the ingredients with a hand mixer and pour into a 9 in. graham cracker crust. Refrigerator for about 3 hours before serving.

HINT: Tell the kids it's green and disgusting so they won't want any and you can have it all for yourself! Ohhhh...and then look into using my next favorite thing.

5) I bought The Biggest Loser workout DVD's. I have been so sore after each workout (and I'm still only on the 1st level!) But they aren't impossible to do like some workouts. And the people on the video aren't super sexy and make you feel bad about yourself. They are actual contestants on previous seasons of The Biggest Loser. One thing though, if you have bad knees you probably don't want to try these.



6) My New Favorite Music -- Taylor Swift. Hey, she's not just for country music lovers and 10 year old girls. The rest of us can love her too!


I hope you find something new to love by checking out my suggestions. Happy Spring everyone!

6 comments:

Tyson said...

Ah those favorite things are alright, but my favorite things are better......my wonderful beautiful wife and awesome kids............But it's a seasonal thing, so next season my favs will probably be key lime pie and camera lenses. So sorry family. These things are always on a rotational schedule. Perhaps in two years from next season you'll be back on top. :) Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Go Eugenides!

Moores said...

Love story is a great song! I will have to check out those books! If you liked them, I am sure they are really good!

Amateur Steph said...

Hey Amber
Thanks for your comment about understanding what a three-year-old (or two) is like. It really made me feel better. I can hardly handle one at a time, so I can't imagine what twins are like. You are the woman!
I'm excited to read those books. I just finished the second book of Hunger Games and I'm looking for something good.
Have you heard the mash-up by John Schmidt of the Love Story song? It's beautiful. Youtube "love story and viva la vida"

Jenny said...

I love reading your posts! You always make me laugh! You really are a great writer!

I make that same Key Lime pie, I think. Do you freeze it?

Lauren Webster said...

So when can I come try the workout video with you? And I must try those books, too- you always suggest good ones! PS congrats on the new dog, I could tell you wanted another one when you offered to dog-sit my crazy dogs! Grif would be a cute nickname, too.