header picture

header picture

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Let it Snow

We have awesome neighbors. Have I ever mentioned our awesome neighbors. Probably many times. One of our neighbors (Sharon Madsen) has a perfect sledding hill in her backyard and invites all the neighbor kids to come sledding any time. She even has a big stack of sleds so it's okay if your kids left their sled on the lawn somewhere, and it's currently covered up with snow, because you can just borrow hers! (and hopefully find ours sometime in the spring!) She actually called us yesterday afternoon to find out why we hadn't been up to borrow her hill yet. So we scrounged up some winter clothes and marched up the hill to her house.

Here are a few pictures of our Saturday afternoon sledding adventure.



Tyson was pushing kids down the hill and fell flat on his stomach. Way to take one for the team!


At first I was trying to be a dignified 31 year old but finally gave up and played like a kid. By the end I wasn't even waiting for one of my kids to go down the slope with me.





We had a really great time and are planning on going back tomorrow after school! We got a ton more snow today so it ought to be awesome. I can't wait....I mean, the kids can't wait!!!

4 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

I'm so jealous!! I love sledding...someday my kids will experience that too! Great pictures!!

Unknown said...

Those are AWESOME pictures! It looks like you guys had a great time! Sometimes I miss sledding and that my kids have never experienced it but overall I really am glad I don't have to drive in the snow all the time! ;o)

Lauren Webster said...

Hey, I got your message but Noah was down for a nap and then it was 4:45 when he woke up, so I figured you guys were done. Call us next time, though- the kids were mad at me that we couldn't go!

Anonymous said...

Love the pic of you and Lexi...so cute!!!! I was telling Bryan that if I am going to play in the snow with my kids I need to get geared up...snow pants, snow boots, and all the other gear!!! I love the snow too!!! So fun!