header picture

header picture

Friday, September 8, 2017

Harry Potter Day 2017

I feel pretty amazed that I managed to pull off Harry Potter Day this year despite how crazy life has become for me with me now teaching full time and taking Graduate level classes! But we couldn't stop doing it. It's become a real Chappell Family tradition and this was our 8th year of doing it. Luckily I planned way early (think May!) so I wouldn't have to stress too much. Of course we had to have our Honeyduke's station available. Drake saw some cute treats that looked like broomsticks when he was looking at Pinterest with me, so I put him in charge of making our "Nimbus 2000's" and he did a great job! I thought they turned out cute! Garrett was excited to wear his "I'm a Keeper" shirt. He's the soccer goalie of the family so it only seemed fitting that he should have a Keeper shirt.




We had our traditional magic potion dinner and then Tyson did a "transfiguration" class. He had purchased 3 bags of the Lays chips that are really crazy flavors and had the kids try to figure out what they were before they were "transfigured" into potato chips. The flavors were Fried Green Tomato, Taco, and Everything Bagel. They were able to at least guess that the taco ones were some kind of Mexican food, but the others were pretty tricky.



 After dinner we played a new board game that I had purchased from Amazon. It was pretty fun and easy to set up and get started. It's based on the spin off movies from Harry Potter, The Fantastical Beasts. You have to try and collect all the cards that belong to one of the Beasts before another player can collect all four cards for whatever beast they're trying to find.
 After the game we attempted to make a new Butterbeer recipe. Unfortunately my blender wasn't put together well and we end up spewing cream soda, icecream, and butterscotch topping all over me, the kitchen counters, the floor and even my Ipad! It was a huge, sticky mess! Luckily we still had enough for everyone to have a cup and then had a very good reason to clean the kitchen counters, cabinets and floors!
Another successful Harry Potter Day in the books!

No comments: