On the 14th Drake and Garrett had their 11th birthday. I think their actual birthday was just a bit boring for them. They did get to take treats to school, but then had to watch volleyball for three hours with Dad because I had to go to my night class. The joys of watching volleyball are a little lost on those silly boys! They did get to pick some treats from the concession stands though (twice!) which is a pretty rare treat in our family. That night they got to open presents....sort of. Tyson and I had planned to give them bigger bikes, but when we went to the store to pick them out we decided they might like to go pick out their own bike. So the night of their birthday they just a card with a picture of a bike in it. The next day we went to the store to pick them out....and whadayaknow! They picked the exact bikes I was going to pick out for them! They did also get some smaller items like water bottles for soccer, a new pillow for Drake (it was actually on his list!) and a Ronaldo poster for Garrett. My parents gave them cash that they used to pick out a new Lego set and Tyson's parents gave them 3-D kites, books and some building sets.
They also really wanted to have a birthday Late Night. I was so super busy that I told them I would buy the pizza, cake and ice cream, but they had to plan the activities. Their party turned out really great. They had 8 friends over. They began the night by playing soccer while they waited for Pizza. Then they had dinner and played Laser Tag outside in the dark. Next, they opened presents and had cake and ice cream, after which they watched Napolean Dynamite until their friends had to go home. I thought the highlight of the party was when they were opening their presents and their friend Logan Anderson had given them each a barbie doll! Their reactions were so incredibly funny!
What amazing young gentlemen these boys are growing up to be! I'm so glad I get to call them mine! Happy Birthday Drake and Garrett!
No comments:
Post a Comment