header picture

header picture

Friday, June 2, 2017

May was aMayzing!

It seems like every May I have to do a jumbled up miscellaneous post because so much is going on but there's no way I have time to blog it all individually because, well...there's so much going on! So here is a sampling of what we have been up to.

Lexi had her last band concert of the year. She even had a solo at the mic! It was pretty scary but she made it through. She also auditioned for next year and made the Jazz Band again (they only accepted 2 trumpets this year!) and they asked her to play for the Wind Ensemble audition only group as well. So she will have two band classes as a Sophomore. I don't think she'll have any problems filling her fine arts credits!

On the last day of school I made the kids a "basket full of sunshine" so we could start the summer off right. Too bad they ate all of it the first day and got in trouble. Boo. I wasn't home to supervise and they just had a hey day!

I've spent a lot of time studying this past month. I started an online Health and Wellness class and I'm studying to take the Praxis II (the big, scary teacher test!) By the way, did I ever mention I got a full time job! Next Fall I will be teaching 5th grade at Creekview Elementary. I don't have a teaching certificate, so I will be doing the Alternative Route to Licensure program which means I will be working full time and taking the teaching courses at the same time. It's going to be pretty hectic but I think I can do it! Too bad the kids can't just walk to soccer practice!
Tyson and I got to go to a concert in Salt Lake on the last day of school to see The Birthday Massacre. It's a great band and not as violent as it sounds! Bill and Susan came up and stayed with the kids for us so we didn't have to worry about them since we didn't get home until almost 2:00 in the morning! Now Tyson's got the concert fever and wants to go see a bunch of bands that are coming to Salt Lake in the next few months. I may end up with a closet full of black T-shirts just like Tyson has!


Drake and Garrett also had two days of soccer tryouts this week. There were a lot of kids trying out and they are only making one team so we have our fingers crossed pretty tightly until we find out next week. They had another undefeated season this Spring. Zac's team finished up the season really well too. They got a few awesome wins at the end of the season and Zac was a scoring machine. He scored two goals in several different games this season. They played a Friendly against the PYSA girls team and it was pretty intense. I think the boys were feeling a lot of pressure to win. There might have been some egos at stake! Zac finally scored just a few minutes before the end of the game! Whew! All three boys had fun soccer parties that they went to as well.

May was aMayzing!

No comments: