header picture

header picture

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Winner Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Zac had an incredible night at the District Science Fair last night. He won 1st place in his category (Health and Medicine,) one of the Top Ten Projects for Junior Fair, Most Thorough Project (which he didn't know what that word meant and has now asked me so many times that I'm pretty sure he'll never be able to forget it, and neither will I!) He also won a $150 cash prize from Castleview Hospital for the best Health and Medicine related project in the Junior Fair. That is a lot of money to a 12 year old! He's already planning all the ways that he can spend it....new cleats, nice bluetooth headphones, eating at China Buffet 20 times...the possibilities are simply endless! Now Zac will get to go to the Regional Fair in Cedar City at the end of March. That was actually what he was shooting for the whole time because he loved it so much last year.

Lexi also had a great project but there was a lot of competition in her category so she didn't place. She did get the Most Dramatic Display of Information Award. I guess blood splattered all over the board is pretty unique. Fine, it was fake blood...but still. I was proud of how well she handled being excited for Zac even though things didn't go quite the way she wanted for herself. After the Fair was over Zac wanted to go to Taco Bell, so we made a rather spontaneous detour for some Super Burritos and Mountain Dew Berry Blast (tastes like summer!) which helped keep Zac happy and overly excited long into the evening! I'm not really sure what we were thinking.







No comments: