We kept things pretty low key for Halloween this year. Usually we actually put some effort into our costumes and go to lots of different parties. This year we picked out costumes from our dress up box the night before Halloween and skipped all the activities, except for the school Carnival and Trick or Treating. I thought it was a great way to do Halloween and the kids were just as happy because, of course, they got loads of sugary treats.We did get a little crazy and carved pumpkins. I think this is the first time we've done that in at least 6 or 7 years. I just don't love to do it so I usually convince them to just use Potato Head pieces to decorate their pumpkins instead. This year though they got me to cave in! Zac and Lexi's pumpkins were given to them by Uncle Gerry out of his garden. Drake and Garrett got theirs from school.
Zac was Bill Gates (he insisted that was what he wanted to be and then he was genuinely surprised that no one else dressed up as Bill Gates!) Lexi was a Vampire, Garrett was Batman and Drake was some ninja off of G.I. Joe (sorry, I don't know my ninjas all that well!) It was pretty haphazard coming up with something for everyone and there was a little early morning drama while Drake changed from Spiderman to G.I. Joe ninja guy and almost missed the bus! But get this, I have already taken them to pick out costumes for next year so we are way ahead of the game. Hopefully, nobody grows more than 2-3 inches over the next year or we're in trouble!






No comments:
Post a Comment