header picture

header picture

Monday, November 3, 2014

October Extras

As always I have a few events to blog about that I don't have enough to do a whole blog post on. So here are a few of the extra things we did during the month of October that were notable. First of all, I know my birthday was in September, but I wanted to mention that I won a huge ice cream cake from Coldstone Creamery! Each week the radio station has people call in the names of their friends and family members having a birthday that week. On Fridays they have a drawing and the winner gets the cake. My friend Chantelle Gazell called in my name (she tried to be mysterious but our mutual friend, Mallery, is the DJ who does the drawing and she spilled the beans with a little prodding from me!) I got a Cookie Dough cake and it was delicious!
Poor Drake had a little "incident" during October as well.  He told everyone at school that he got attacked by his piggy bank, which is kinda true....with a Drake-ish kind of twist! He was walking down the hall holding a ceramic piggy bank, tripped, and popped a nice little hole in his forehead on the pigs ear! Those darn Hoyt foreheads are big targets! We opted against going to the emergency room and just used a butterfly bandage instead.  It appears to have healed up nicely but he will have a small scar.

For some reason Garrett has been having episodes of sleep walking and we keep finding him somewhere other than his bed or wandering around with no idea what he's doing.  I wish I knew how to help him! Between Garrett and Lexi's nocturnal expeditions we have to keep the doors locked and chained, just in case!
Lexi's volleyball season game to an end with a really fun all day tournament.  I was glad to be able to go and cheer her on.  They played the two hardest teams in the region (twice each, four games in 6 hours!) and ended up taking 2nd place! The excitement and energy in that gym was through the roof! Lexi played really well and it was a lot of fun to watch her.  Tyson even got to come by and watch a game in between his classes.

The boys soccer season also came to an end.  They all improved so much this year and had lots of fun playing.  Drake and Garrett were coached by Keith Palmer and Zac was coached by Delynn Childs and Tracy Brady.  Zac will be starting an indoor soccer academy next week.  It is once a week for 4 months with a licensed professional coach so I'm sure he will learn a lot and have tons of fun!

The last weekend in October we had Tyson's family come over to celebrate all the October birthdays (Tyson, Susan, Shay and Uncle Shaun.)  It was a gorgeous day so we played games out in the yard and then we got Big Don's Pizza for lunch.  It was fun to have everyone over!


In other news, I'm now a working woman! This school year I have been working as a substitute teacher.  So far I've been in 4 different schools doing anything from computers to P.E to the severely autistic classroom at the Special Ed. school. It has been interesting and fun and I never quite know what to expect!  I also spent a week in Orderville with my dad while Tyson took care of the kids and the homefront. My dad had a triple bypass heart surgery on October 7th and needed somebody with him all the time for the first four weeks. The surgery went very well and he has been recovering right on schedule.  It was really great to get to spend the whole week with him.  We watched musicals, went on walks with me packing his oxygen, ate yummy food sent in by neighbors, went to therapy and talked and talked.

No comments: