These two topics may seem rather unconnected but I liked the idea of combining two different kinds of "jazz" into one blog post. I've been playing lots of 4 Pics One Word which is an Ipad game where you have four pictures that are related in some random way and you have to figure out what word they have in common. I think that's how I came up with the idea of combining Zac's Junior Jazz season and Lexi's band concert. Maybe this only makes sense to me, but oh well! It's my blog, yo!
Zac recently finished his 4th Grade Junior Jazz season. He was assigned to the same team this year as his buddy Gabe Langstein, which was fun ( Plus, it gave me the opportunity to sit and gab with Gabe's mom, Chris, during practices and games!) These boys have been friends since we first moved here almost 6 years ago. It was fun to see how much the boys have improved since last season. The coach this year was a guy named Patrick Cox and he did a great job. They won most of their games even with the interesting reffing and inconsistent scorekeepers! I scanned the team picture so it's not amazing.
Lexi has been learning to play the trumpet this year in the 6th grade band. They had their second concert last night and did a great job. She makes a darn cute trumpet player and is sounding lots better all the time. It is a tricky instrument to play but she seems to be picking it up quickly. She goes to the Junior High on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and then rides the Junior High bus home (or she and her friend Bailey Saccomano convince Bailey's mom to come pick them up!) It's good practice for starting Junior High next year. I'm not sure I like how grown up she looks in her concert black!












No comments:
Post a Comment