header picture

header picture

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Years 2014

New Years is my favorite holiday of the whole year (besides my birthday, but that sounds too vain so let's pretend I didn't just admit that!) I love the renewal of it all. You get to look back on the good memories of the past year and look forward to making more memories in the new year. You get to make resolutions and rededicate yourself to the things that are important to you. Plus, there are almost zero expectations surrounding New Years....no gifts to buy, no decorating expected, nobody gets their feelings riled up by the way you say Happy New Years (as opposed to the Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays debate!) And the food....oh, the food! It's all appetizers and desserts and who doesn't love that?!

This year my parents came to our house to celebrate the new year. They arrived on Monday and stayed with us until Wednesday. We had a great time with them! The ladies went shopping and got my mom some killer deals on new shirts and a coat. I think I have her convinced that she needs to come shop with me more often! At one point she asked me if I had any more coupons in my pocket....I did! We also had lots of fun planning our D party for New Years Eve. We almost always choose the letter P and have foods/games etc based around that letter. But this year we decided to be Different. We had Big Don's Pizza, Doritos, Dark Chocolate, Dips, Dill Pickles (why yes, we did take suggestions from a couple of 7 year olds....why do you ask?!), Little Debbies, Donuts, Deviled Eggs, and Delicious caramel popcorn (Lexi insisted we have the popcorn so we had to make it work somehow!) and Dr. Pepper and Diet Dew. Then we watch Despicable Me 2 and played Just Dance. None of us actually stayed up until midnight though. The kids were pretty much begging to go to bed at 11:00 so we blew our horns and celebrated with our friends out in Memphis instead! The next day they were pretty droopy. We went to a college basketball game and both Drake and Garrett fell asleep with their heads on my lap just like they used to do as little babies. Ahhhhh! I miss that!





Happy New Years to all! I hope your 2014 is D - lightful!

No comments: