header picture

header picture

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spring Soccer

The boys have recently started Spring Soccer. We joined a new league in town and so far I'm impressed. The kids are actually learning the rules, learning positions, and having practices where they look like they're being taught age appropriate soccer skills. Plus, they have team names and different colored jerseys instead of just the generic, reversible blue/white jersey. The old league was really just organizing times for the kids to get together and try to kick the ball down the field. Which was definitely fun, but not really helping them to improve their game. So far the boys are having tons of fun and are excited about the league. Zac is on team Mexico and Drake and Garrett are on the EUFM team (I have no idea what that stands for!) These are pictures taken from their first game which was on a beautiful Saturday morning and it was fun to hang out at the field for a few hours. The games last night were a different story! It was SO cold (27 degrees!) and at one point it was actually snowing. Drake and Garrett's team only played about half their game before the coaches decided to call it quits. Zac's game, however, went on like nothing was wrong. So Tyson, the other kids, and I, sat in the car, parked where we could watch and we honked the horn whenever they scored a goal. Zac said he wasn't cold once he got running around but I think he was secretly glad I made him wear a long sleeve shirt and a wool lined jacket under his jersey, and a hat and gloves! 

As a side note: you'll know which kids belong to me because their tongues are sticking out! It's like this quote, only instead of "He trips over his own feet and slams into a wall" it needs to say "he sticks out his tongue when concentrating!"



(one exception is in this first picture another kid is doing the same thing....so maybe my kids aren't as abnormal as I think!)







Zac was incredibly excited that his friend Prescott is on his team. 
Hopefully, spring will actually arrive soon instead of just taunting us unmercifully and the next games will be much warmer and more enjoyable!

No comments: