header picture

header picture

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Eggstravaganza!

For the kids Spring Break/Easter vacation we went over to Orem to spend time with Tyson's family. First we spent several hours playing at the Lehi Seven Peaks fun center. The kids love it there and never want to leave. Then we went to Grandma Murphy's house where Grandma Susan had a bunch of fun Easter activities planned. We had a KFC lunch and then the kids dyed eggs and did an egg hunt while Tyson and I slipped away for a little shopping time.  We had planned to go to a Real Salt Lake soccer game that night but it was sold out when we went to get tickets.  But we do have vouchers to go to another game sometime during the season.



The kids also had a lot of fun playing with some magnets.  Zac thought they were the most amazing thing ever!  He's had magnets in his hands pretty much constantly ever since Grandma and Grandpa gave them to him.  So far I've only sent one of them through the wash, so we're doing pretty good!

The next day we went to the Miller Motorsports park to watch Uncle Shay race his new Porshe.  The boys especially thought it was pretty neat.  We got to watch him pass a really fancy Viper.  Of course, then his brake fluid got too hot and his brakes almost went out....but not quite!




When we got back home we had to have our own Easter baskets. I've seen how Susan likes to do Easter so I didn't even buy any candy. I knew they'd have plenty already! So instead I tried to think of something that each of them has shown an interest in lately. Garrett loves to cook, and he loves popsicles, so I bought him some popsicle molds that we can make some fun popsicle recipes with.

Zac will be moving into Bears in Cub Scouts soon so I bought him the stuff he would need for that.  Not terribly exciting but he thought it was cool.

Lexi has shown an interest in sewing lately.  I don't love sewing on the sewing machine so I knew it wouldn't be wise to try a sewing project with her.  We'd probably both end up in tears! But I do like to cross stitch so I bought each of us a kit that we can work on and have some quality time together.
Drake wins the prize for most excited though!  He has come home from school a few times telling me about this amazing art paper that makes designs when you scratch it with a wooden stick.  It took a bit of a search but I found some for him. In the end, I found it at a teacher supply store. He was very happy!

All in all it was a splendid weekend even without getting to watch the soccer game.  And now we have something else to look forward to, and the kids have tons of candy, and Tyson and I bought some new clothes, and it finally feels like Spring!  I hope you all had a great Easter!

No comments: