header picture

header picture

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tyson's Spring Break

Last week was Tyson's Spring Break. It never coincides with the kids Spring Break so we don't plan anything too exciting. But Tyson and I enjoyed spending time together. We worked out together, went to lunch, and shopped for refrigerators. We also took the kids bowling. Tyson stayed up late each night playing his new God of War game on the Playstation. Tyson also went to the elementary school and taught all the fifth grade classes about DNA/Cells/Traits/Adaptation.  He used Legos for his analogy. He did a great job making a difficult subject easier to understand. Lexi was pretty proud to have her daddy teach her class!



Tyson put the trampoline back up.  The kids were very excited.  They love to jump...or in Lexi's case....FLY!  All of them are getting very good at doing flips.  I'm kind of jealous, but I don't think you can teach this "old dog" to do that kind of trick!


We also went and bought ourselves a new refrigerator.  Our chest freezer went out and instead of buying a new freezer we decided to move our old fridge downstairs and buy a new fridge.  We just didn't need a huge freezer.  If I have plenty of space, I tend to buy lots of frozen food and then not use it up fast enough.  It did require some clever cabinetry work to make it fit.  But I REALLY wanted this particular fridge and it had already been delivered....so we made it work!  We (meaning Bill and Tyson!) just cut about 3/4 inch of the countertop off and then we could slide the fridge into the space.  I am so excited that it has water and ice in the door!  In all my 34 years I've never had a fridge that fancy!  I also love the french doors because it's easy to put big pans in. 
 


Tyson's parents came up to visit for the weekend.  Tyson and his dad were supposed to go on a photography trip to Moab but they scrapped their plans because of needing to install a new fridge.  We didn't do anything too exciting but we did go to the park......until the wind chill sent us scrambling for home!  Yeah.....we did think it was warm enough to not take jackets!  It wasn't.


On Friday, Tyson and his dad went to a USU-Eastern baseball game to practice taking action shots with their new cameras.  Tyson got a really cool picture of the ball actually compressing the bat.  Apparently, that is the "holy grail" of baseball photography.  He was very happy about it. While the guys were at the game, Susan and I went to Kindergarten to do Mystery Reader.  I read one of my favorite children's books, Officer Buckle and Gloria, and then we had the kids do a craft project and then had ice cream.  



Tyson and I were able to go out to dinner on Saturday night with our friends Chantelle and Kris Gazzell.  Our poor waitress probably thought we were never going to leave!  We appreciated Bill and Susan for watching the kids for us.

 
Sunday was St. Patrick's Day and I got a little crazy with the green food coloring! We had green waffles and green milk for breakfast. Then we had green rice, green pork alfredo, and zucchini for dinner. Tyson didn't appreciate the green meat. It tasted great though....you just had to close your eyes to eat it! Next year maybe I'll plan better and do something that is really supposed to be green. Like the avacado enchiladas I've been wanting to try.

It was fun to have Tyson home for the week and he was glad to be able to relax and gear up for finishing out the last 6 weeks of the semester!  Happy Spring everyone!

No comments: