This year for Thanksgiving we went "over the river and through the woods" to Loa to celebrate with Tyson's parents, his brother Shay, and Grandma Murphy. We had an excellent meal and great company.
Did we go shopping on Black Friday? Heck no!!!! Loa only has one little grocery store so there weren't many shopping options, but we also don't love the craziness that is Black Friday. (I'll admit, I did do a little online shopping that day though) Instead we decided to hit the great outdoors in Capitol Reef National Park. We went for a short hike and the kids had fun climbing on all the rocks and playing in the sand. I'm thinking this would be an awesome location for some family pictures sometime. Maybe when it's not cold enough to have to wear coats though.
On the way back to Grandma's we stopped at a little diner for lunch.....Thanksgiving leftovers had to wait a little longer. We had some really big burgers and fries. Yum! Though, what I really wanted was a Sunglow Club Sandwich at the restuarant where I used to waitress back in the day. Unfortunately, they were closed. Boo Hoo!
The rest of the weekend was spent playing games. Tyson challenged Zac and Lexi to a little Tall Guy vs. the Little People!
We tried to take a family picture together. I guess the sun was a little too bright!!!
The kids all had a few games of Connect Four with Great Grandma Murphy. She loved it and so did they.
Zac has been very into all kinds of paper folding/airplanes etc. He shows everyone willing to listen how to make cool things. Maybe Santa should bring this boy some books about Origami......hmmmmm...
Tyson's brother Shay gave his parents a ping-pong table that fits over the top of the pool table. We had some great games of ping-pong. We had a lot of high energy games going on! Ping-pong can be quite exhausting.....and I don't just mean the part where you keep having to chase after the ball (and crawling under the bookcase to retrieve them!)
We had a really great weekend! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for letting us come visit!











3 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend/vacation! and weren't you ping-pong champion in 6th grade???
I can't believe you remember that I was ping-pong champion in 6th grade! That's too funny! But yes, it's my greatest claim to fame. :)
Such a fun time! as always great blogging and give a big hug to the photographer for such sweet work (when you were the photographer I will be the hugger and you can be the hugee ;)
Post a Comment