I know I said I'd put more about our water problem awhile back but I've been slow to do it. You see, I wanted to put up pictures but our computer (the one with the pictures on it, not the lap top I'm using right now) crashed the next day. I guess it's true what they say, "when it rains, it pours." Feels like a good ol' Memphis rainstorm around here lately! (Did I mention we've had pink eye and the flu making the rounds too? And I lost my car keys at Walmart.)
So just to let you know what happened. The water company had shut off our water for the day and when I went to take the kids to the circus with my in-laws I went around and made sure that all the faucets were pushed down and off. When Tyson got home three hours later one of the bathroom sinks in our upstairs was running full blast. It was stuck in the on position and Tyson had to slam it down with his hand to get it to turn off. We think that when the water company turned the water back on the pressure in the line was too much and pushed the faucet on. Of course, the water company denies that they bear any of the blame.
Our house was flooded both upstairs and down. All three bathrooms and the two halls got it the worst. But 2 of the bedrooms got pretty wet too. So, long story short, we shipped the twins off to grandma and grandpas for a week while the Servicemaster people used 18 big fans, 2 dehumidifiers, and a heat unit to dry out our house. They had to pull up a bunch of carpet so I have to get that fixed now. Also, our 8 foot long bathroom counter top with the dual sinks cracked so we'll have to get it replaced. I'm kind of excited about that since it was an 80's era tile counter top that I didn't necessarily love. I'll post pictures when we get the bathroom all fixed up. I think it will look great once we do what we're planning to do with it.
I just have to give a little shout out here to both Servicemaster and Allstate. The Servicemaster flood damage guys were great. They took care of everything and kept me informed on everything they were doing. Allstate had us a check for repairs within a week. I was shocked! I always thought you had to fight the insurance companies on stuff like this. I wouldn't want to have this happen to us again, but if it does I know we'll "be in good hands with Allstate" (they didn't even pay me to say that! Well....technically, they did give me a nice check so they did kind of pay me to say that.)
8 comments:
Hey! where is the shout out to me for not even freaking out the tiniest bit when I came home to the great flood!.......oh yea....let's just forget about my "calm" reaction and move along. Nothing to see here folks, just move along. No crazy man freaking out here. Nope, nothing to see just move along ;)
I love that your husband reads your blog. Mine gave up a long time ago!
Sorry you had flooding problems, but I am happy to hear that your insurance didn't give you any problems!
Ty, I have been trying for the past two weeks to forget your "calm" reaction. Now I have to go find my happy place again! :0)
I am glad that everything is working itself out for you guys! Getting a new bathroom countertop is a plus too!
Did you manage to talk Tyson into the fact that you need a new cabinet as well as a countertop? Here's hoping!
BTW- I was looking through all your pics from the last while cuz I haven't had time for some reason. Anyways your kids are growing up so cute! I can't believe Lexi. She looks so old!
I think I have Tyson talked into doing a total upgrade on the bathroom. We're looking at an Onyx stone counter top with dual sinks molded right into the stone, on top of two vanities with a place to sit down in between to do makeup. I just can't decide between "driftwood" and "terracotta" stone colors. I'm leaning toward terracotta though.
That's the pits. And pink eye, flu and lost keys...sigh.
But Hooray for Servicemaster and Allstate...there always seems to be a silver lining somewhere in all these clouds of life.
Have a great day!
Oh my goodness! What an ordeal with all the sickies, and flooding and, my goodness, what else can happen?! (I probably shouldn't even ask that, right?!)
I'm so sorry you have to go through all that! I'm glad, though, that if you were to be flooded it happened in utah and not here, otherwise you'd probably be covered in mold, mold, mold! I can't even begin to imagine what a mess that must be to clean up and deal with though. SO, SO, SO, SO, SO, SO SORRY!!!!!!
Post a Comment