I was called to be in the Young Womens organization at church a few months ago. We were challenged as leaders to complete the Personal Progess program within a year. One of the value experiences asks you to
"ask your mother or another mother you admire what she thinks are important attributes for being a mother. List the attributes in your journal. Then choose one of those attributes and strive to develop it."
So I thought it would be fun to ask all of you mothers out there (and anyone who has a mother can participate too!) to give me your thoughts on the subject. I'm very interested to see what you feel are the most important attributes of a mother. I look forward to reading your responses!
8 comments:
I think for sure PATIENCE is the attribute that I most value and the one that I personally need to work on the most LOL
I think another one is learning to apply DISCIPLINE to yourself and your children.
TRUST is another one - trusting in the Lord to help you - trusting in your spouse and children
Those were 3 that I first thought of! Good luck Amber - being in the Young Womens was my very favorite calling.
Alrighty...I totally agree with DeDe on the patience...also a hard one for me though.
I think a some of the most important attributes for a mother are the same that the boy scouts strive for....A MOTHER is:
* Trustworthy,
* Loyal,
* Helpful,
* Friendly,
* Courteous,
* Kind,
* Obedient,
* Cheerful,
* Thrifty,
* Brave,
* Clean,
* and Reverent.
Hope you're having a blast in YWs.
Have a wonderful day!
Maybe I should work on Cheerful. Having a hard time with that one this morning (it might have something to do with the mess in the twins room that is going to require a shampooing!)
Complain less, have more energy, enjoy cleaning the poop off the carpet, always smile (and mean it), never sleep (as that is SUCH as WASTE of time), figure out how to make money to support your family while running the home so the man can spend his time sleeping, eating and playing video games. yup yup yup, that would be a good mother!
Tyson, I thought when you said you were leaving a comment that you were going to say that I'm already perfect and don't need any improvement. But, alas...no such luck. :( Is this because I still haven't made you that spinach dip?
I have to agree with patience, as that is the one I am always praying for help to develop ;)
Teachable is it. You learn so much as you go. I've learned patience, learned to love unconditionaly, etc, etc, etc,. You are such a good example for Young Women. Way to do your personal progress. No easy task.
My input is a little late but hope it will still count. I think that there are too many things to mention. However, for me the most important thing is showing love, kiss your kids, hug your kids and make sure you tell them I Love You more than once a day. Don't just say it look them in the eye when you do.
Post a Comment