We let the kids open one present on Christmas Eve. It's a Hoyt family tradition.

And, of course, it's always pajamas.

Some folks felt the need to strip down immediately and in full view of everyone! Drake's been begging me to buy him some sweat pants.

Zac liked his new pajamas so much he came and gave me a big thank you and a hug. I can always count on Zac for a cuddle!

Looks like Santa came. Actually it was Mrs. Claus because the Mr. was too busy arguing with his brother about politics to help put out presents. Next year he'd better get his priorities straightened out! Maybe I should mention here that Santa actually left out the real present back in July. We had decided to get a Playstation 3 but since Tyson wanted to play it while he was on summer break we bought it early. He was supposed to put it away after each use so the kids wouldn't see it but...he wasn't too committed to that plan. So we woke up one Saturday morning to the kids exclaiming "We got a Playstation!" So in the end they ended up getting more presents because how do you explain to 4 little kids that Christmas was in July this year?

Drake and Garrett got Spy equipment for Christmas. Here they are opening their walkie talkies. They also got dress up clothes and super cool weapons.

I decided to mess with Zac and Lexi a little. So I kept teasing Zac that he was getting Barbies for Christmas. Then I wrapped up Lexi's Barbie horse and carriage and put Zac's name on it. I wrapped up the remote control car for Lexi. It was really fun to watch them open up their presents. Luckily, they decided they'd trade each other and everything worked out to everyone's satisfaction!

Uncle Shay had to have his turn with the Barbie carriage too. I thought about saving this picture for blackmailing purposes but decided it was too good not to share it with the whole world!

Lexi has been asking for a library for Christmas. Who ever heard of a kid wanting a library for Christmas? Anyway, I bought over 60 books at the thrift store, used book stores and online. She also got a few new books too. She was in book worm heaven!

Drake and Garrett immediately got dressed up and started acting like super hero spies!

Zac loves his remote control car. It's so fast! And if his dad ever lets him have a turn with it he loves to drive it out on our big lawn. It's supposed to be able to drive on snow too, but since there's no snow here yet we haven't been able to try it out.

Later we had a huge Christmas Dinner. It was delicious. Don't mind me in my jammies with no makeup and nappy hair!

The day after Christmas my parents and my brother Jason came for a visit. Here's my Dad and Tyson playing a little Playstation Move. Tyson's brother, Shay, gave us the Move equipment for Christmas. It makes your Playstation interactive like a Wii. It's super fun and we even convinced my Dad to play it for awhile. That's something I never thought I'd see!

Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Gerry with all the kids.

We had a fantastic Christmas and we hope you did too!
2 comments:
Hooray for your happy Christmas! I love that Lexi loves books...her and Myra would be dear friends, indeed.
Such a cute family you have!
Looks like such a fun Christmas!! We actually ended up with snow flurries in Memphis...can you believe it?!?
Post a Comment