This morning we took our playgroup kids to sing patriotic songs to the Veterans at the Care Center. I thought it would be a good idea to prep my twins on how to talk and act around the elderly. This is how the conversation went.
Me: Today we're going to a place where most of the people are really old...
Garrett: Like our Marshmallows.?
Me: Yeah, I guess....anyway, so we need to make sure we say nice things to them.
Garrett: Like..."I like your costume!"
Me: Okay, I guess we'll just wing it.
Later:
Me: So how did you guys like singing to the people at the Care Center?
Garrett: They were nice. But that old guy, with the AWESOME shoes, didn't even clap his hands!!! I do wish I had one of those wheelbarrows (wheelchairs) though.
I absolutely love having conversations with 4 year olds! I'm such a lucky mom to have two 4 year olds to hang out with all day!
No comments:
Post a Comment