
My mom was more productive...she taught the kids a new game

and helped them make the traditional paper plate turkeys.

My brother Dillon cuddled with all the 4 year old girls. He's practicing for when he's a daddy in a few short months.

Then we spent hours at the Turkey Tournament. This is a yearly tradition in my town where the high school alumni (yes there's only one high school in town) play in a tournament to raise money for scholarships. The boys play basketball and the girls play volleyball. Here are 3 of my brothers playing basketball. They did awesome especially considering they only had 5 players on their team so they had to play the whole time. They took 5th place by two points in overtime. It was awesome.

My oldest brother, Gerry, cheered from the stands with his family. He had major surgery a few years ago after tearing his achilles tendon while playing in this tournament so he decided his b-ball days are over.

This is James and his family before the game. And, of course, my mom who lives for watching sporting events.

Here are my sister, Sara (left), and my might-as-well-be-a-sister, Cortney, getting ready to play a volleyball game. I really should have played too because they won the championship and I could have shared their glory. Next time I'm playing for sure!

I wish I could say Sara won this match up, but alas, she was bested. But she sure looks impressive.

We had a fun weekend and were sure glad to be able to get home safely even though we had snowy roads the whole way!
1 comment:
sounds like so much fun! I wish we had done something active on Thanksgiving besides lifting a fork!
Post a Comment