We had a very low key but enjoyable Valentine's Day yesterday. The kids all pitched in and bought me flowers from the high school FFA fundraiser, which I thought was incredibly sweet! What great kids I have!
Drake and Garrett did Valentine Boxes again this year. Drake did his adorable dog almost all by himself. It was a pretty simple project but turned out really cool. Garrett was uninspired by the hundreds (okay, maybe not hundreds...but a lot!) of options I found on Pinterest and opted for just using an old soccer ball instead. He lives and breathes soccer so it was a pretty good choice for him. Plus, it's pretty cool to see what the inside of a soccer ball looks like.
I decorated Tyson's home office door while he was at work. The big heart says Crime: You Stole My Heart! Clever, I know! I figured having 100 feet of police tape left over from Lexi's Science Fair board would come in handy at some point. I also gave him a bag of Reese's Pieces that said I Love You To Pieces. He bought me a Chi hair straightener (okay....I might have bought it and then told him he was off the hook for having to get me something. At which point he panicked thinking he must have missed Valentine's Day, but it was a week early!) I also decorated the table and made the kids crepes with strawberries, nutella, whip cream and bananas for dinner. According to the kids this is supposed to be the tradition.
MEMORABLE MOMENT: Drake did so great at the District Spelling Bee! He took 8th out of 21, some of whom were 8th graders. He missed out on the word Polymer which is one that we never learned. He worked very hard on the list every day but we just didn't have enough time to learn them all. I took him to lunch at Main Street Grill afterward which was a lot of fun. He is such a cool kid!


No comments:
Post a Comment