header picture

header picture

Sunday, April 10, 2016

I had the best day with you today!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to take Lexi to Provo to play an all day Volleyball tournament at Timpview Highschool. On our way home I started singing her the Taylor Swift song that says "I had the best day with you today." And that was so true! Of course my singing was not amazing so Lexi found the song on her phone and played that for us instead! It really was an incredible day. The team Lexi is on is a competitive level club team called Club Dyno. It's basically for anybody who loves volleyball so much that they simply must play in the off season! It's also great practice to keep up their skills for school team tryouts in August. Lexi's team is being coached by the high school coaches (even though she's only in 8th grade) so it's a great chance for her to learn from them and show them what she can do. Lexi is a middle hitter, but because they only had 6 players (no subs for all 5 matches!) she got the chance to try out back row as well. She has gotten so good at serving and only missed 2 serves the whole tournament. At one point she served about 10 points in a row! She also is very consistent with her hitting and made very few errors the whole day. I was so incredibly proud of her!

Just a side note here, but I seriously drove 35 minutes to get her that burger! I made the mistake of thinking that if I just followed this big huge main road (University Ave) I would easily find some fast food joint. But no! I was seriously starting to lose hope when I finally spotted a Wendy's! But my baby girl needed some protein to power those hits so it was worth it!



Club Dyno played 5 matches for a total of 11 sets. They won every single set during pool play so got first place in their pool. Then they went on to beat two tough teams in the Gold Level Tournament bracket to become the ultimate champions out of all 12 teams! It was very intense and nerve wracking! The team they played in the finals came all the way from Boise and they were a tough team, but Club Dyno came out victorious winning the first and third set. I was impressed with the sportsmanship I saw once the championship game was over. Both teams were sincerely congratulating each other on a game well played and they even wanted to have group picture together. It seriously almost brought me to tears! Tyson and I are so proud of Lexi and her dedication and hard work. Not only does she go to her regular practices but does the optional strength training workouts with her coach twice a week and tries to do some running several times a week on her own. Good Job Lexi Girl!



I should also mention that we had split our 14U team into two teams so we could do two different tournaments and both teams took first place! Not a bad showing for our little Podunk town!

No comments: