header picture

header picture

Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Decorating

We spent Thanksgiving this year at Bill and Susan's house. I feel bad but I really don't have any pictures from our days there. Oops! We had a fun time though and enjoyed some great company and lots of good food! The day after we got back from Loa, the kids insisted that we put up our Christmas decorations. I'm not super interested in decorating in general so my rule is that if it takes longer than an hour to decorate, it is over doing it! Luckily, with the kids help, we were able to decorate the tree, the mantle and a few book shelves in that amount of time so it was perfect! The kids always love to decorate the tree and I just let them handle it. I do not have POPD (proper ornament placement disorder!) so I don't change a thing. They are getting better and better every year!





We also have a tradition to make new ornaments each year, so last night we made little reindeer ornaments with various sizes of corks. They turned out really cute and we only had one burned finger (Garrett.) I thought that was pretty good considering I let everyone do a lot of their own work with the hot glue gun. After we made the reindeer Drake made a cute sleigh out of craft sticks for the reindeer to pull. I thought it was pretty adorable! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here!





No comments: